WRSC Program: Slips, Trips & Falls - Are You Proactive or Reactive?
Western Reserve Safety Council
Speaker: Doug Newman, Comp Management, Sedgewick
Topic: Slips, Trips & Falls - Are You Proactive or Reactive?
This presentation will define an effective preventative process to determine underlying causes to eliminate future reoccurrence.
- Identify the impact of slips, trips and falls on your workplace.
- Recognize the various types of slips, trips and falls.
- Recognize the OSHA regulations and other industry standards relating to slips, trips and falls.
- Recognize the slip, trip and fall hazards at your workplace.
- Conduct a baseline slip, trip and fall evaluation of your workplace.
- Select controls for your organization relating to slips, trips and falls.
- Identify actions you can take to prevent slips, trips and falls when you return to your job.
About the Speaker: Doug Newman is a Risk Services Analyst for CompManagement a Sedgwick CMS company and jopined them in 2006. He has over 30 years' experience in environmental health, safety and security at both the corporate and manufacturing levels. Doug has an M.A. in Educational Administration and an M.S. in Occupational Health and Safety Management. He began his career in the chemical industry and spent 17 years in manufacturing facilities. He then served several years as the safety officer for an insurance company, having health/safety and workers' compensation responsibility nationwide for approximately 6,000 employees. He spent 8 years as the EHS/Security Manager for a manufacturing facility with over 1,500 employees.